Sunday, April 7, 2013 | 1 - 5 p.m.
H Street Country Club
1335 H Street NE
Perry Center, Inc. and H Street Country Club present D.C.’s first ever Stick Pony Competition. Created off of the momentum leading up to the Perry Center's annual Kentucky Derby Party on May 4th, 2013, the Stick Pony Race offers our friends and guests a chance at a little healthy competition as well as a sneak peak into this years Kentucky Derby Party.
Participants are encouraged to arrive early to decorate their stick ponies and enjoy drink specials.
Must be 21 years or older.
$2.5 Miller High Life Ponies // $5 Classic Margaritas // $5 Mint Juleps // $4 Blue Moon Beer.
Tickets to the 5th Annual Kentucky Derby Party // Recognition throughout the ages + more!
If the race isn't enough or doesn't suit your fancy, H Street Country Club's new roof top deck will be open and we will be having a mini corn-hole competition during the afternoon.
Registration is on a first come - first served basis
Please read the terms and regulations carefully. There are three categories of winners available, full sweeps are possible.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Pony!
- Horse races will begin promptly at 2 p.m.
- There may be a different jockey each heat but everyone must register and sign the waiver. Jockey teams will be registered under the Horse name.
- The races will be held in heats, the bracket will be emailed to you prior to the event.
- Players can and will be disqualified at the discretion of the judges for any reckless or unsafe behavior.
What a Pretty Pony!
I Will Be Safe
Please sign this waiver promising you will be safe out there
PLEASE READ, PRINT, SIGN AND BRING WITH YOU.
You will not be allowed to participate without a signed waiver. We will provide waivers at the event in case you forget yours.
- Stick Pony's are available online at various outlets. But should you choose one (very cheap version) will be provided to you at the event
- Be creative, it doesn't have to be a traditional pony, we will accept brooms and shovels, as long as they resemble a horse in the most Picasso like way.
- You may show up with a pre-decorated horse or time and materials will be provided before hand for you to decorate.
- Points for creativity and originality will be awarded for your horses style and name.
BYOC: Bring Your Own Cheerleaders
- We love team comradeship and cheerleaders! Team uniforms and tasteful cheers are highly recommended. (Think of the Barra Brava at D.C. United games, WITHOUT beer throwing and ginormous flag waving.)
- If you are a business, school organization, or other affiliation please indicate it on your registration form.
- Teammates are requested to behave cordially during the races, this is a friendly competition and no heckling is allowed. A horse will be disqualified if its team gets disorderly, at the discretion of the Judges.